Wednesday, April 12, 2006
I Wanna Be Just Like You
In the mid 90's a Christian group recorded a song called "I Want to Be Just Like You" that I loved. It had such a great message to all father's out there to depend on their heavenly Father so that they'll be able to be the father they need to be. I am so blessed to be married to a great Christian man. Tyler is very involved in church activities (not just because he happens to work there) and has many Christian friends he is a loving husband and father and works very hard to provide for us both the things we need and many of the things that we want. I can only hope that Thomas will grow up to become like his father. The other day Tyler was working in the yard and Thomas "helped" him. They had a lot of fun together and it actually made me think about that song which I haven't thought about for a long time. (And none of these picture are posed.)
"Lord, I want to be just like You,

'cause he wants to be just like me.

I want to be a holy example for his innocent eyes to see.

Help me be a living bible Lord for my little boy to read. Lord, I want to be just like you 'cause he wants to be like me."

And, honestly, who wouldn't want this little person to become like them? I am so thankful that Thomas loves his daddy so much. They have a very sweet relationship that I can't wait to watch grow as he gets older and he can really help his daddy and learn so much from him.



4 Comments:

Blogger barefeetbilly said...

It is true that little boy and his daddy are great togther. I seldom see fathers who have such a genuine affection for their children. T is good at masking his feelings in every area of his public life but he could never hide his love for TMJ. I have to say that if the God almighty makes me a dad I want to be a dad like T.

Blogger barefeetbilly said...

Of course I should metion that T's dad is without doubt deserving of praise.
I have met the man himself and how could you not love him.

Blogger middledavis said...

Ah, Ida Marie, such touching words to go with such sweet pictures. I got all misty-eyed when I saw this blog entry. I appreciate your sweet spirit, your strong faith, and your love for God. I'm glad you're my niece and the mother of my great nephew. (Thomas is blessed in BOTH his parents.)
Love,
Aunt Frances

Blogger Beth said...

That is so sweet. I love that song too. As I looked at the pictures and read the words to that song I could hear it in my head and it almost brought tears to my eyes. It is so special. Those pictures are so great. It is important to be good examples to our children and to instill faith in there hearts at a young age. I just pray that I can do this with our son. Thanks for sharing the great post today!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home