Wednesday, March 29, 2006
I Don't Know That I'm Ready For This Phase!!
I am a talker. If you read this blog (and I guess since you're reading this you do) then you know I can ramble. Well, I have a very non-verbal son. People comment all the time about how quiet he is, and he really is. He has been saying versions of Da-da for quite some time now, and occasionally trying to say other things, but they also tend to come out sounding like da da. And even then he still wouldn't do that a lot. Well, this past week he has started saying words. And they actually mean things. No, he is still not saying Mama and I am okay with that (I think), but he can now say "juice" "cheese" and "thank you." Of course, if you are not fluent in baby talk juice is probably the only one that you would understand, and that is mainly because he says it as he points to his sippy cup. I can handle all the physical crazies that my child can do, but I don't know if I am ready to deal with talking, talking back, answering "why" questions, hearing no (he does already shake his head for no, usually when he is already doing something that he knows he shouldn't be doing), I kind of enjoy my wild, but silent boy. And part of me knows that once he starts this verbal journey there is no turning back, it's in his genes.


1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

It is so exciting when they start to talk more and more. I love it. Especially when they run up to you and hug you and say "luv u mama"

Post a Comment

<< Home