Thursday, March 09, 2006
A Year Ago Today
Dear Thomas, Today, you turn a year old. It is amazing how fast the time has gone. The first 3 months of your life seemed like they would last forever. Then the next 9 flew by as if they were a day. You have grown so big and gotten so old so quickly. It seems like overnight you went from being my tiny little baby to a big boy. That is one of the reasons I can't bring myself to cut your hair. The curls and fly aways keep you my baby, once it's cut I'm afraid you will look too much like a big boy. So that is my excuse for your current hippie hair style. You've started trying to "run." You get to a certain speed though and lose your balance and kind of fall sideways. It is so cute. You especially do this for the McNichols kids who you think are you siblings. They may think you are theirs as well. The relationship that you are forming with them is so sweet to me since I kind of see them as my older children and always hoped you all would love each other too.
Mild separation anxiety has come into our lives. Believe it or not it doesn't usually involve me. You cry for you daddy when he leaves. He is your ultimate playmate and it makes you sad to see him leave. I am not sure whose heart this breaks more, mine or his. I love that you and your daddy are so close. The other person you cry for is Megan. If you had your way, she would never leave your side. She loves this. She thinks it's great that she can make you stop crying by hugging you. I hope that this will never be focused toward me since I am the one who has to leave you more often at church. I don't ever want to have to walk away with you crying.
We took you to the Strawberry Festival today. You loved all of the junk food. It makes me a little proud to know you have inherited our love for both crappy and tasty food. Your favorite was the fried Oreo. You would cry in between bites so finally we just handed you one. You, my little boy, were in heaven!!

You also love the talking rooster in a car. You tried to get up into the car with him. Everyone was cracking up at you. We wanted to take you to see his show, but it started too late and you were a little tired.

You are so much fun little boy and I am so glad that you are mine. God did me a special favor when he chose you for me and I am thankful to Him for it. You are my baby boy and I love you so much!!

So, Happy Birthday Baby Boy.

Love, Mommy



2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

He is so sweet...we were lucky with our litte guys he didn't get much hair untill after he turned one so we didn't have to cut off his cute little curls untill he turned two.

Blogger Molly & the boys said...

Happy Birthday, Thomas!

Post a Comment

<< Home