Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Fast Does Not Begin To Describe It
No, the title of this post does not actually refer to the fact that Thomas will be a YEAR old in only two days. Two days, two. I really can't believe it. It has more to do with my "older children." My friends Ina & Scott had to leave town suddenly this Sunday to attend a funeral, so Thomas and I stayed with their kids that night. I was watching them carry him around and play with him and feed him and just love all over him and it began to hit me. That is how quickly he will grow. I became a baby sitter for them when Will was 6 months old. He will be 6 next month. Megan is 4 1/2, Matthew 8. It's amazing. They are no longer babies, but little people. Meg is getting so tall and becoming such a big girl. It is so hard for me to believe. So now as I begin to contemplate the fact that it has already been a year since Thomas was born I know it's only the beginning. He will be big before I can even imagine. He is already so big. I know that's what is supposed to happen in life, but isn't there a part of every mother that wishes she could just keep her baby a baby forever?? (one that sleeps through the night, of course.)


2 Comments:

Blogger barefeetbilly said...

That is why you need to have one every two years or so. You have to scheduel it so you always have a baby in the family. Besides you need a girl too. You will have beautiful girls.

Blogger Beth said...

I know just how you feel...our little boy just turned two a few months ago. I sit and look at him and remember how proud I was of him when he could just lift his little head off the floor laying on his tummy, and now in the blink of an eye he is running, jumping, and talking. He no longer looks like a baby...but is becoming a little boy.

Post a Comment

<< Home