Monday, February 27, 2006
The Craziness of My World
I can't even begin to remember life before Thomas. I remember being busy and tired, but can't imagine what would have made me that way. Thomas now keeps me busier and makes me more tired than I could ever imagine. He is a climber, and he is discovering this more and more each day.
When we brought him home from the hospital (almost a year ago, gasp) he loved this rocking chair. It was the only place he slept. Now he's rediscovered it and loves to rock in it. Usually he is "talking" on the phone, but today he discovered that if he stands on it, he can reach things that are up high.
This scares me!! I mean we all know that you shouldn't stand in a rocking chair.

Tonight while I was cooking he also found a "good" way to see what we were having for dinner.

He can stand on the drawer underneath the oven and put his face even with the stove. I am just guessing this will be a great way for him to burn his face or hand one day.

And just like a good computer geek's son he love playing in his new Dell box. Tyler made him a little window that he likes to look through and shut in our face. He also has started slamming the door to his room. I told Tyler he is just preparing us early for the teen years.

So, while life around here may be in constant motion and insanity it's fun. We laugh a lot, sing a lot, dance a lot, and play a lot.

And who could not love that face. He is as cute as they come. He is worth all of the energy he requires.

And he is sweet. He is so sweet.

I call the horse and giraffe his "exiled friends" because they had to be removed from his playpen and crib. He loves them though and won't let them forget that.

And the thing is, one day I know I will wish that he wanted to stand by me at the stove or help me unload the dishwasher instead of wishing he wouldn't. So I am just trying to remember that now instead of hoping for it later.



1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

What a neat post...especially the last part...I find myself always tell my son to "go play" when I am doing things in the kitchen. how true it is what you said. I should just try to include him! At least in the little things that he is capable of.

Post a Comment

<< Home