Friday, May 26, 2006
Lowered Expectations
I think there are so many lessons that come with being a parent. The first of many is selflessness which unfortunately some parents never learn, but fortunately most parents do. Along with that comes many other lessons and you begin to see changes in yourself and realize that you have become only a similar version of the person that you were prior to entering your parenthood role. Jen, Heather, and I all went to Cedar Key this past Thursday to take pictures of Heather. We also took Thomas and Martha. Needless to say the day did not go as we might have had it pictured in our minds.

Martha did love Addie, my parents dog. And my dad which is weird because up until this very point on their trip to FL she had hated all non-Jen humans. This did give Jen a very nice break and my dad couldn't have loved his role as super hero any more.

Thomas was doing great the beginning of the day. He was tired due to not napping on the way there, but otherwise seemed to be a trooper. Until dinner time. I couldn't get him to eat which is very unusual. It was explained later when I picked him up and he puked all over me. Not just once, but about 5 times.

I got us all cleaned off and we headed off to take pictures. And can anyone guess what happened in the car??? Come on and guess. Yay for whoever guessed Thomas puking more. We dropped Heather and the photographers (my mom and cousin) off and went to my brothers to clean up yet again. This was luckily the last puking incident of the trip.

But can anyone guess what I did all night long that night??? Yeah, yeah, exactly.

I remember us girls going to Cedar Key once pre-babies. It involved boat rides, sun bathing, napping, yummy food, site seeing, shopping, etc. I had a similar expectation going into this trip it just involved the occasional diaper changing, but boy was I wrong. It's times like these that I realize what having children does to you. It makes you such a bigger person who can cope with what seems like the worst of situations. It also makes you realize that those situations aren't so bad. Yeah, the tripped seemed a little hellish, but we did laugh and we did have fun so all in all we can see a little bright side to it. It's just not a very shiny one.



2 Comments:

cute!

At least you got to dress Thomas up in a cute little white shirt with flowers on it! Enjoy it because you will only be able to do that for a couple more years....so they say.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's hope she will only be able to to that for a couple more years...

Post a Comment

<< Home