Wednesday, January 11, 2006
I Guess It Had To Happen Eventually
I know I have said it a hundred times, but Thomas is and incredible baby. From the beginning he has just done everything right. He has 5 teeth, and when people have asked me about him teething, I would just say that he really hasn't gone through "teething." He would just show up with a tooth and give us no warning to tell that it was coming. Well, out of his front 12 teeth (6 top, 6 bottom) he now has the 5. With my fingers I can feel the other 7 right under his gums. He is miserable. He is still not really fussy, but he makes the very angry noises and then shoves something into his mouth. We have been giving him the teething tablet things and those seem to work for a while, but him being in so much pain is making me crazy. Other than Tylenol and Humphries "3" does anyone have any good suggestions?? I feel so bad for him because I know he must be in incredible pain. Jen mentioned a frozen wash cloth which I am going to try tomorrow, but I would love to hear all of your parenting expertise.


5 Comments:

Blogger barefeetbilly said...

I can say as I know anything about raising anything more than a squirrel and I have had my share of them die on me in the process. You might recommend to him this simple way to cope. The best way to deal with pain is to allow it to remind you of the suffering Jesus willingly took on to give us a way to be with Him forever.

Blogger Ida Marie said...

I am thinking that maybe he is a little too young right now for the comparison on his pain to Jesus' pain, but I will try it and see how it works. :)

Blogger Molly & the boys said...

I was thinking that YOU could take something so HIS whining does not irritate you nearly as much. :) All of mine have been "easy teethers" as well, and Andrew FINALLY popped two teeth out last week (one top and one bottom). He is rubbing his poor gums with his hand all the time, and that is the worst any of mine have done (That I can recall). So, I would suggest some motrin or tylenol for everyone involved!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With Caleb and Logan both, we used Hurricane. I know, sounds violent but it's well worth it. You can get it from an Eckerd pharmacy. Just ask for it behind the counter. Susan Wilson/Kindig

Blogger Ida Marie said...

Susan?? What!?!? How did you find my site? It is great to hear from you. If you click on my profile, you can send an e-mail to me. I would love to hear how you are doing. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Post a Comment

<< Home