Monday, January 09, 2006
Has It Been A Whole Month Already??
Dear Thomas,
Today you are 10 months old. I can't believe it. It means that you are still little and still my baby boy, but you are becoming less little and less of a baby. I knew that your life would go by so quickly, but I don't think that I completely comprehended how quick it would actually be. It is so amazing to see how much you have accomplished in such a short period of time and how much you have changed your father and I. You will never know your daddy before, but he used to be a big tough guy. You turned him into the softy that he is today. The moment he first laid eyes on you he was a new person. And I guess I was too.

I guess I should begin your letter by explaining the nasty scratches on you face. Well, it's one of my many reasons why I am glad that you are not in day care. Since staying for the 11:00 services at church has caused you to melt down I decided to try going to the 8:00 service and leaving after the 9:30 so that I could get you home for a nap. One of the things that I thought you would love about this is that during the 8:00 service you would be with older children which you typically love. So I dropped you off with Mr. Billy who I assumed would take good care of you. (Just kidding, Billy.) Apparently you wanted a toy that another child had. Billy said that you tried to get it, but the child kept taking it back. He said that at some point the child left the toy for a second and you grabbed it. Well, I guess that toy was important enough to grab you back and the fingernails left their mark. The worst is that it was a girl. Your first time on the losing end of a battle was to a girl. So, you have your first official boo-boo.

You have started talking a lot more this past month. Although, that is not to say that you are saying more, it's still just Da-da but you say it a lot more frequently. And you make this grunting type of caveman/humming noise. That one kind of makes me and daddy crazy. Especially when you choose to do it in your sleep in the middle of the night and it wakes us up. Which has become almost every night. I usually just sneak in and put the paci it and it hushes you up for a while. You now have 5 teeth and are doing good eating mostly big people food. You will still eat baby food if there isn't another option in sight, but as soon as you see something else you want that instead. You can now hold the handles of you sippy cup and drink from it. Tonight at dinner I just left it on your tray and when you wanted some juice you drank it and then you would slam it back down on the tray. It is amazing to watch you grow more each day. You mind just works so quickly.

You are still the busiest kid I know. Nothing slows you down and if it does try to slow you down, you just run over it. You did decide one day last week that you might want to start walking. You did it a couple of times and each time took a couple of steps. I even stood you up in the middle of the room and got you to walk to me. This, however, was short lived. You have not done it since. I guess one day of walking was enough for you. You still love to help me clean. The vacuum cleaner and Swiffer wet jet are two of your favorite toys. If the either one of these is in your sight you do a quick funny little crawl to get to them. It's the same crawl that you do whenever you see my bathroom door open. You have found toilet paper and love unrolling it and then shredding it into pieces. I personally think that this is one of the cutest annoying things that you do.

Probably the least cute annoying thing that you do is pulling things out of the cabinets. Although, we are partially to blame for this one since we have yet to baby proof the kitchen. I think I pick things up off the floor about 56830843 times a day.

I am still amazed that God chose you for daddy and me. We love you so much. One of our most favorite evening activities is getting giddy tired Thomas to giggle uncontrollably. We just tickle you and kiss you tummy and you love it. So do we. I can't believe that in two short months you will be a big one year old. I miss you being little so much, but I am excited about this upcoming stage. I know I can't have both, but sometimes I wish I could play with the wild crazy you all day and then cuddle with the itty bitty you at night. You do give the greatest hugs though and I guess having you choose to hug me is better than you laying there and letting me hug you. So keep up the good hugging and because I know as you get bigger you won't always be so sweet and that hug will probably get you out of a lot of trouble.

Love, Mommy



2 Comments:

Blogger barefeetbilly said...

Whoa those are some vicious looking scratches on the little mans cheek. I sure hope nobody finds out who was supposed to be look after him when he was viciously attacked.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Cedar Key gang is ready to go kick some major butt. Do you think Aunt Landa and I can take her?

Post a Comment

<< Home