Monday, September 12, 2005
Even On The Darkest Of Days, God Gives Us Hope
For the past 4 years, September 11th has been a day filled with very mixed emotions. I was watching the news yesterday and it made me sad. So many people lost loved ones on that fateful day. I did not lose anyone close to me in the attacks that day. I did, however, gain one of the brightest spots in my life. This is why 9/11 becomes a day filled with a mixture of emotions. When most people say/hear that date, they feel a sense of loss, for what our country was, for the people that were killed and I feel that as well, but then I always have to smile. Because in addition to the terrorist attacks on our country that day, sweet Megan Hope was born. She has made me smile more than most kids could ever begin to. To know Megan is to love Megan. I remember talking to Ina about the surreal feeling that she felt that day. She was bringing her baby girl into a world that seemed to be falling apart. It's almost as if Megan sensed this. She smiled very early for most babies, and has kept on smiling. So happy birthday Megan, and thank you for the "Hope" that you have brought with you. Because just as your name says, "God always gives us hope." And you surely have. We love you!!


2 Comments:

Blogger Humor Girl said...

What a sweetie! God is great!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dida, for all you have done to make Megan full of life, full of smiles and full of hope! We all love you.

Post a Comment

<< Home