Friday, August 26, 2005
Is that a ghost??
I have babysat for the McNichols family for almost 5 years. Matthew at the time was 2, William 6 mos., and Megan very unplanned. Now they are 7, 5, and almost 4. (God had his timing on Megan.) She has kept life interesting from the moment she entered this world. She is her in her own little world most of the time. Sometimes she will join ours, and sometimes she allows us to join hers. Her mom, Ina, and I have become great friends. So now that I have Thomas, I still see them about as much as I did when I kept them. Well, Ina and Scott need some time away, and they have yet to break anyone new in, so Thomas and I went over to their house on Wednesday night and kept the kids. We had a blast. Megan though had more fun than any of us.
I layed Thomas and Megan down for a nap on Thursday, and went downstairs to wait for the boys to get home from school. I kept smelling something that was familiar, but couldn't put my finger on it or why for that matter that I would be smelling it. (I knew the smell, but don't want to give away the story.) The boys got home, and I heard Thomas on the monitor. I went to go upstairs to get him, and hit Megan with the door on my way up. I could not believe what I saw. Megan was stanging there in front of me covered from head to toe in Desitin. Now for those of you who are not parents you may not understand how horrible this is. That is no regular lotion. It's like a paste made from oil, and it stinks. Now you may remember from past pictures that Megan has a head full of curls. So this makes the situtation even crazier. Here I was with 4 children, one needing his bottle, two needing to do homework, and one covered in diaper ointment.
I went upstairs and called Ina. She had the idea to call their grandmother to come and help me. Thankfully she did. She was able to take care of all three boys while I got to work on our "sweet baby girl." Only then did I realize what I was in for. It was EVERYWHERE!!! The stair, the walls, but mostly in her bed. She had sat there and rubbed it all over. It took me and the boys forever to clean it up. I never got it totally off of her, but Ina and I joke that her skin and hair will be nice and soft for awhile. And she shouldn't get any rashes anytime soon either. I do regret that I got no pictures of this incident, it was pretty funny. (And it appears to have come out of all of her bedding. Yippee!!)
So... that is my excuse for not having posted recently. I will try and get some new pics of Thomas up soon. He is getting cuter by the minute and getting closer to crawling everyday.


4 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

I loved!!! this story! It could have been Lilly in Megan's place... it sounds like something she would do! (I hope not though!)

Thanks for sharing it and tell Ina hello!

Blogger barefeetbilly said...

I had no idea just how rotten that child was.
Thank you for your willingness to relate this very harrowing story. Bummer about having no images but I imagine it is hard to hold a camera with slippery Desitin covered hand.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey now - that is my daughter you are talking about. And you, Mr. Billy, keep her in the nursery every Sunday so be nice!! I am so sorry that this had to happen when Ida was here while Scott and I got away for the night BUT I AM GLAD I WAS NOT HERE! Ida could not even talk to me on the phone because she was laughing so hard. I would have been crying. Thomas is a blessed little boy - he has a great mommy who is prepared for just about anything.

Blogger Ida Marie said...

Thanks, Ina, for the compliment. Sometimes it is a curse only seeing the funny side of life, but it seems to make it a lot more fun. :) And she's right Billy. Give our little cutie a break. She's number 3. She has to do something to earn some extra attention.

Post a Comment

<< Home