Saturday, July 16, 2005
A New Day Has Dawned!!
We have hit one of those wonderful milestones at our house this week. Thomas is now on a 4 hour schedule and is taking those 2 glorious long naps. We sometimes still need a little cat nap before bedtime, but are usually okay without it. "Sweet" is all I have to say. So here is the update on our little boy. He went for his 4 month check-up on Monday. He weighs 15 lbs. 5 oz. which is in the 50-75 percentile for his age. He is 26 inches long which is in the 90th percentile. It appears he is going to be a tall lanky boy. (For all those who have known both Tyler and I in our past life... we know who he gets it from. Only to mean that the weight will come later.) He has now officially become a tummy sleeper. The first couple of nights I refused to lay him down on his tummy. I couldn't sleep. I soon found out that it didn't matter. He would end up on his tummy anyway. This has not aided his nighttime sleeping. We are still slaves to the paci and get up to give it to him atleast twice a night. And, of course, all of you moms out there know that when I say "we" I mean me. Tyler will often think that he has slept through the night. I quickly correct him and then silently brew that I am the only one awakened by Thomas' cries. Thomas continues to get extra smiley and is beginning to laugh more. I will post some new pics of him later. Since as he gets bigger, I can't help but think that he is getting cuter. :)


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, good ole tummy sleeping. I don't know what I would do with out it. It's my only pleasure in life. I don't smoke, eat bad or do any hard drugs. I try to convince my chiropractor that it's the only enjoyment I have since I've given up on everything else. Let the boy enjoy his sleep time and sleep on his stomach. It's a great feeling.

When I get pregnant I've decided that I will have to either buy or create a special mattress just so I can sleep on my tummy. If I have to go with out it may be the hardest time of my life and could prevent me from trying it again.

I better get going this post has got me craving a good tummy nap.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(in response to your comment)
I heard that people with short wastes are more likely to get big when they are pregnant. Please tell me this isn't true. If so I will not spend much time at all sleeping in my favorite position but rather sleepless nights starring at the ceiling fan. Thank goodness we aren't like elephants and carry our babies for years. I wouldn't make a very good elephant.

please be the first and reply to my spa email. I'm feeling rejected and about to fire all of my bridesmaids. You know what you want in 7 months, it's not that hard!!!

Blogger Molly & the boys said...

love the tummy nap - and 2 naps a day???? ahh, its bliss. Can't believe how big he is getting.
love you,
Molly

Post a Comment

<< Home