Saturday, November 12, 2005
Snot Is My Only Excuse
Thomas will one day ask when looking at all of his baby pictures, "Mommy why do you have no pictures from the day I turned 8 months old?" I could give him many answers. "8 months isn't that exciting. It's not like 3,6,9, or 12." "Mommy was just bored with taking pictures. You're cute, but you only need so many pictures." But the honest answer would be... "You had more snot coming out of your nose then I have ever seen and you cried most of the day because you couldn't breathe and couldn't suck your paci or drink your bottle and therefore didn't sleep at all for two nights until mommy had you medicated. So that is why I frankly did not feel like taking your picture and forgot to do it due to the lack of sleep and the eye that was constantly twitching. It's hard to take pictures with a twitching eye!" Luckily, since he is a boy he will probably neither care or even notice that there are no pictures from his 8th month. Ah, but you can tell what kind of week it has been here at the Johnston house. Fun for all. And what's better? Tyler and I both are now getting sick. We NEVER get sick. Like ever.
On to different news. I will be posting pictures at the beginning of next week, because we head out today to watch my cousin play football in Jacksonville. I am so excited. I was very pregnant the last time he was in FL so I didn't drive up to see him. So I haven't seen him in about 9 mos. and he has never met Thomas. All of our family is going to be there, so it will be like a mini reunion. So hopefully that will get us out of our sick funk! Or we will make about 25 other people sick which has its own rewards!!
Here is an Q & A with my cousin http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article.jsp?id=5638. Enjoy the read.
Edited: Read my cousin Mary Beth's comment. She is Jarret's sister, and I think she is a little resentful if you ask me. But we love her just the same. :)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Q & A with Mary Beth Johnson

Since you are known as one of the most beautiful and intelligent people in your family how do you handle the pressure from your female relatives to teach them your secrets?

Johnson: I know that youth and beauty will fade but my intelligence will always remain so i hold family meetings in which I share all of my theories and thoughts with them.

Q: WHich family member do you admire the most and why?

I would say that my cousin Ida Marie I admire the most. SHe holds the key to Gran's happiness and attention....

Q: what is your biggest challenge and how have you had to over come it.

My biggest challenge would be the fact that my brother has a Q & A that people post on their sites. I overcome it by making up my own and posting it.

Is there a quote you model your life after?

It was something that can be said best by Thomas Johnston and only said by him.

It's time for me to go now and partake in the parade of Jarret.

Post a Comment

<< Home