Thursday, February 09, 2006
11 Months Old
Dear Thomas, You are 11 months old today. One year ago I was one very anxious woman. I never knew what I was in store for when I became to being your mother. There is nothing like it. You are the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to your daddy and I. Although, sometimes I do wonder what we were thinking. One day you'll be reading this saying, "Wow, my mom's tune sure has changed. It used to be how sweet I was, and now this??" Well, that's because while you are still so very sweet, you have mastered the art of fit throwing (and do it whenever you don't get you way) and you never (and I do mean never) sit still. This does keep life very interesting and fun. Sometimes I look back at the day and can't believe that it's already gone.
You have become a walking fool this past month. There is nothing you can't get to and no place that you can't go. It has been so amazing to watch you find this new way of mobility. You are walking more than crawling now and it has become more natural to you. You have this really cute sideways way of getting around that's really funny. As far as verbally you are in the same place as last month. You are talking more, but not saying any new words. Occasionally you will make other sounds, but usually they are words that start with "d" although "b" is also becoming a consonant sound that you make more often. Still no "mama," but I figure your just saving it until you have it mastered.
Now that you are walking you and your push car have broken up. Your new girlfriend is the phone. You don't go anywhere without it. If you are holding it and I say "hello" you will put it up to your ear. Now, this may mean that you are really smart, or it might just mean that I talk on the phone too much. Either way, it's really cute. The vacuum is still very high on your list as well, but now you only want to climb on top of it as opposed to just playing with it. I am expecting you to crack your skull at least once before you turn 5.
Your obsession with the dishwasher is still one of the greatest. I have now resorted to only loading or unloading it while you are sleeping or under the watchful eye of daddy. If you hear me start loading it you come from anywhere in the house to "help" me. The other morning I was loading it and you were standing next to it. I was rinsing the dishes so the door had gotten some water in it. The little hole for extra detergent was filling with water and you were splashing around in it. This, I actually thought was kind of cute, until I turned around to find you sucking the water out of the hole. I started yelling, "yuck, gross, don't do that" and took you to daddy and told him and he agreed that it was totally disgusting. This, I am told, is just the beginning of being a "boy mom."
You are sick again. This makes me so sad for you. Today you couldn't fall asleep for you naps because you were so congested. You were crying so I rocked you to sleep. Of course, I didn't mind. No matter how big and sassy you get, you will always be my little peanut butter pie which means I will always love rocking and loving on you. And no matter when or why you need me, I will be there. I your mommy and that's my job, but also my joy. I love you my little boy, thank you for being such a joy to my life.
Love, Mommy


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home