Monday, October 10, 2005
The More Things Change...
...well, the more they change. Looking back, I don't think Tyler and I could have ever imagined how much having a child would change our lives. Our little boy has changed our lives in so many ways it can't even begin to be described. Tyler, as any of our friends will tell you, has become a softy. I am sure that those who knew him before we got married and saw him now would not even believe the person that he has become. My tough husband now lives and breathes for this little boy. Our outlook on life has just become so different. I am amazed at what makes me cry, laugh hysterically, and just shake my head in disbelief. I was always one who could keep my emotions in check when needed and let them go when the time called for it. Not anymore. My emotions are now in charge, and I blame it all on Thomas. He was 7 months old yesterday. That is so hard to believe. He is now the owner of two teeth, of which he is very proud of. We laugh because he knows when he has done something great. He will just grin at you as if to say, "Yeah, I know, I am the cutest and best baby ever." Yesterday I had one of those times when all of my emotions came to a head. Yesterday while working in the nursery I was trying to get Thomas to take a nap. This is getting harder and harder to do at church, but usually if I work hard enough it will happen. I heard him crying so I went in to give him his paci, and I just started laughing... and then crying... and then I shook my head in disbelief. There in the crib was my tiny little boy standing up smiling the biggest grin ever at me. Jen and Pat (my mother-in-law) were in there and got to experience this as well. He knew he had done some great and we were all sure to tell him that he was right. He is growing up so fast and it is just so hard to believe. I am just so thankful that God sent him to us. We could have not asked for a better addition to our family.
(I have also added a few other pictures from his 7 month pics and SC trip.)


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been too long since I've seen him. I can't believe how big he's getting and more beautiful than ever! (in a boyish kinda way)

These are great pictures.
mb

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet tater!

Post a Comment

<< Home